How to extend your visa in Siargao

Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to extend your visa in the Philippines and Siargao.

Table of Contents


Yes. You can extend the visa in Siargao in the official immigration office.

It costs different for every country and type of extension. Prepare around 3K PHP for every two months extension.

When extending your visa, you will need to bring your visa fee and a valid passport. 

You need to renew it before it expires. You can extend the tourist Visa for 1,2, or 6 months at a time, except for the first extension.

Yes, as of February 2024 you can renew tourist visa online, in the official immigration website.

Visa Process Breakdown

  1. Upon arrival, a 1-month visa-on-arrival, which is single-entry, can be obtained.
  2. Decide if you want to extend your visa. The visa can be extended multiple times, but the total length of the visa cannot exceed 36 months.
  3. The first extension is for 1 month. You can do it at the same time together with the next extension if you want, so 3 months in total.
  4. The second extension can be 1, 2, or 6 months. However, it is important to note that some immigration offices may refuse to issue a 6-month extension and only allow 1 or 2 months.

Visa Extensions Costs

Please Note!
The prices constantly change (Depending on the US Dollar), so this is just a rough estimate.

Option 1: additional 1 month

Price: ₱3,000

Option 2: additional 3 months + ACR Card
If you want to stay more than 2 months, you must issue an ACR card.
Price: ₱11,200

Every Additional Extension After Having an ACR Card:
You can extend 1, 2, or 6 months every time.
Price per month: ₱1,400

Getting an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC)

Tourists staying more than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee.

Here’s what you need:

  • Complete the form with fingerprints (done in the immigration office)
  • Valid ongoing visa with copies of all extension receipts
  • Three 2×2 passport photos with white background (You can get those done in nearby shops)
  • Passport with the latest entry stamp to the Philippines
  • Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR Card)
  • Price: ₱520

No flight ticket is required.

Extending your Visa Online

Tourist visa extension Philippines online

This is probably the easiest way. Head to the immigration website, register an account, and follow the instructions.

Payment can be made using different payment methods, including credit cards.

Extending your Visa in Siargao

Siargao immigration office
Siargao immigration office

As of February 2024, there is a new immigration office in Siargao. Don’t forget to bring:

  • Enough cash; better to have the exact amount.
  • Valid passport

Location: Next to Siargao’s boulevard

Open hours:
Mon-Fri, 08:00-17:00
*Try to come a bit after 8 am, Island time…

Extending your Visa in Surigao City

If the Siargao branch is not operating, you can also visit the closest Bureau of Immigration in Surigao City.

Don’t forget to bring with you:

  • Visa fee in cash
  • Valid passport issued by one of the eligible countries.

Additional Points To Notice

  • Leaving the country at any point will void the remaining duration of your visa. You will need to obtain a new visa on arrival upon returning to the country.
  • If you stay longer than six months, an “Exit Clearance” is required before going to the airport. It is recommended to obtain this clearance about one week in advance.
  • You can apply for a visa extension anytime, which will be added to your current visa. Applying early does not cause you to lose time. Applying at least one week before your visa expires is recommended.
  • All transactions are cash only, and they may not always have change. It is recommended to bring large and small bills and some coins to pay the exact amount.
  • It is a good idea to bring your pen, as they may not have enough available.
  • Even if you intend to extend your visa, proof of onward travel valid for use within 30 days of arrival is required to enter the country.